Monday, December 6, 2010

Where the eff do I start...?

Seven months ago, I began writing up various items for my official blog. Seventh months ago I made three posts, and seven months later I decided to make a fourth. Welcome to the official (or as official as it can get) return of the official blog of Jonathan Frahm. This post right here is going to be filled with alllll sorts of stuff, so get ready to sit down and read. And then read some more. Then, just when you think you're about done reading, you'll read some more. Don't worry, I won't be quite a sesquipadalian here and I can assure you (lies) it's going to be an interesting read. That and I'm sure it's not going to be nearly as long as I just hyped it up to be like four sentences before this one.

It's been seven months right? You might ask: "Just what the **** was that boy doing for seven months while not updating his stupid blog!?" Most of you don't care; at least not at this point. That's a reality: and a reality that I plan on attempting to change for the better (for the umpteenth time). First off, I was busy with schooling and my "career(s)." I've also been tacking onto old hobbies such as drawing. I love drawing, especially in the form of "band"-type designs and manga art.

Okay okay okay, so. this is labeled as a rant; let's make it more rant-like starting right... -snaps fingers- NOW. I don't like the name of this blog. It's straight-to-the-point, sure, but it's also pretty cliche and therefore pretty ugly. I'm an abstract person so therefore I need a more creative name. So, (once again, for the umpteenth time) you might see a new blog by myself later. The only things keeping me from performing such an act right this second are:

- The fact that I'd be doing the same kind of random shizzam that I'm doing for this blog here. If I make some specialty blogs however, and use this as the main random happy hub, then I could see some use out of the name after all. It'd make sense and it wouldn't be nearly as un-creative a name (well it would be, but it would be for a purpose).

- The fact that I have followers on this blog. Needless to say they're followers that haven't seen a post from myself in seven months and therefore don't care, but either way, I have followers! How exhilarating! No but seriously, you're all very appreciated, no matter how few and far you guys and gals are.

Okay, now that we've got that little bit out of the way, what else is there to talk about? Uhhhmmmmm.... -the Jonathan has left the building; please hold a moment- (Don't worry, come next post things'll pick up the pace and start to become a TON more exciting~) Next subject of the rant: I need to post stuff. I just need to post stuff. And then more stuff. Lots of cool stuff, interesting stuff, and whatever stuff falls in between and around the cool and interesting stuff. They may not be what you think is cool and interesting and "whatever," but they're what I think is cool and interesting and whatever. Case-in-point, IT'S MY BLOG BI-- So sorry. What I meant to say is that I hope what I think is cool and interesting will also appeal to you in some way, shape, or form.

I'll probably post some of my drawings here, too; the newest one I'm doing in particular. It'll take 3 - 4 pages just to make it, and it could become even larger! I'll probably have to snap it with a camera rather than scan it for that reason, so things should get interesting.

What's it inspired on? Well, since May of this year, I've got a new favorite band. That band's name is Monkey Majik, and they're pretty much the best pop rock band in the world (to me) right now. The song in particular that I'm basing (the first few parts of) this piece on is Ashita (Tomorrow), which was performed alongside Bennie Becca, a group formed by rocker Becca and hip-hop group Bennie K. The lyrics are beautiful (wow, I hardly use that word in daily speech) and the production sounds pretty good, making it a solid piece. The lyrics and style of the music video are what inspired me to do this project, alongside the vocals sang out by Becca and Monkey Majik singer Blaise Plant and the additional pieces here and there by Bennie K.

You can see Ashita by clicking this link. With that, I'll fare you all adieu for now. When will I post again? Possibly another rant tomorrow depending on what I have to build off of. On top of that I have a LOT of things to say. But for now - right now - I'll catcha all later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment